Friday, November 26, 2021

A place just off the highway

The first snow fell today taking turns with the rain. Gray skies, wet black roads, bare trees - the perfect backdrop for a depression. We talked about it. About how we're prone to it and about how we manage to cope. Sleep has been my refuge. I tried to make the case that maybe I'm responding to some biological order. Going dormant during a period of plague and madness makes some sense. Seeking treatment makes sense too though, you're right. Everyone's there now, we guess. Depressed. Seeking the cure. 

The state of the world.

That thing in you that takes a pin to every inflated balloon spoke up this morning. Maybe she only bought you that jacket to make you more presentable and a little less embarrassing to be seen with. I told it to shut the hell up. I choose to believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment