Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Sparky

Someone sent me a quote that seemed to encourage me not to lose my spark. That's not the first time someone has said that to me. 

You know, there are things I miss, like traveling, and when I think about it I feel a sort of loss, and then I remember people and places, and it saddens me. So it's better not to think of traveling. There are other things I miss. Like old friends. And when I think about them I feel a kind of loss too.  And then I remember things we said and did that we don't say and do anymore and it saddens me. So it's better not to think about old friends too much either. There's something else I miss - being in love - and it hurts so much to remember that sad doesn't even begin to cover it. If I'm going to get out of bed in the morning, I can't think about being in love. 

These are some of the things that, under the right circumstances, keep your spark jumping bright and  healthy. It gets problematic when you let them go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment