Sunday, March 27, 2022

Out

I've got to go and get myself a new shirt today so will venture out later to a mall I almost never go to. The idea of walking into this mall fills me with anticipatory dread, but I'm going to be a judge in a karaoke contest later this week. A man I know, who has patiently listened to me caterwaul in his establishment every once in a while through the last several years, has asked me to do so. Probably to prevent me from dropping in by chance and singing. Anyway, it's an honor to be remembered, so I'll do it. 

It's probably a good idea to do something other than drive, work, and sleep once in a while.

I've become avoidant though. Yesterday, I participated in a government survey on health care access that I've been involved in for a couple of years now. Every six months they ask me about the health care I've consumed and then send me a check for fifty bucks. It's an easy gig for both of us. 

The surveyor showed up at my front door right on time. Except that I'd assumed it would be conducted on the telephone like the others. I did not immediately answer the door because I was scurrying around straightening up the house. She called me. I told her I'd been caught a bit off guard. She offered to do it on the phone instead. I was instantly relieved. 

It's not really Covid I'm avoiding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment