Sunday, March 13, 2022

The same tale told over

Whatever darkness I have chosen or am afflicted with, Mark, it's not the same thing that kept you company and ultimately took your life. We live in a consumer culture so it stands to reason there's branding involved in matters of the soul as well. Choices to make. Budget or premium packages to purchase.

You chose the high mountain range of heroin with the image of the mystical Himalayas pictured on the label. But what you got is exactly what they've always gotten out of that box - the well-worn-so-low-the-gutter-looks-like-the-sky-opioid-road-to-nowhere-staycation. Dessication. Disappointed in you. I guess you were too.

You learned to sing while you were alive. To collaborate. You experienced an enormous outpouring. They will remember you.

I see myself in movie clips played by old men doing small flavorless tasks in a routine fashion. Not much expression on the face, no spring at all in the step. A life free of spark. No chance of bursting into flame at all. 

Love your fate. Come to love your fate. Amor fati.

I'm no outlaw in black like you wanted to be. It's been a long time since anything radiated out of me. Maybe tonight I'll eat BBQ. 


No comments:

Post a Comment