Monday, April 4, 2022

When you're sick, at least it's quiet

 He was divorced too and about the same age as me. What, did she leave you for someone else? You're a good looking guy, you'll find another one. I couldn't remember exactly what had brought it about. We both had our respective lists of grievances. We ended up - in separate cars - leaving it gut shot and whimpering on the side of the road. We'd done that many times before but someone always buckled and went back for it. This time no one did.

This guy was lonely. He wanted someone else. He thought that would solve it, and maybe it would, but i don't think so. Who the hell am I though? I'm in no rush to jump in to any of that. What for? It no longer makes any sense. 

This new variant is a little harsher than the original. More coughing and sneezing. Got tired carrying a pizza from the car to the house. Spent most of the day in bed. Out of work for the week. Maybe I'll get the taxes done.

No comments:

Post a Comment