Sunday, May 22, 2022

Thematic

I have, until recently, rejected listening to audio books on my phone. I think it's primarily due to the sound of the human voice in my particular ears. To the fact that I find most of them tolerable only in small doses most of the time. I'm also averse to listening or watching entertainment content on a telephone for some reason. I'm also not a fan of the word "content" either.

Anyway, I purchased a subscription to an audio book service, made a few selections, and started listening during the three to four hours a day I'm in the car. I'm in the middle of the third book now. It occurred to me yesterday that I might be sending myself a message through my only semi-conscious book choices. 

The books have had a lot to do with self-overcoming, with endurance, and with living alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment