Sunday, June 12, 2022

Space

Make some coffee. I've got laundry to do. Make a smoothie - oatmeal, almond milk, banana, wild blueberries and whey. I've got to get up the trail today. 

The sun's out. Change your headspace. 

I watched a video depicting a charging grizzly bear. It wasn't one of those bluff charges. It was coming down a mountainside like a freight train. I felt one of those moments in which I had absolutely no idea what to do. Those happen sometimes. You could run, hide,"fight", or freeze. You could surrender. You could do jumping jacks, eat an entire chocolate cake or dance a samba. Whatever you chose, if you could even choose, the outcome would likely be about the same. 

Turns out, there were no bears on the trail at all. Just horseflies, circling like wolves, bouncing off my head, trying to take a bite out of my crown for the whole nine miles. No hat, no bug dope - just accept what's there. You wanted to be alone with your thoughts. Maybe that was them.

No comments:

Post a Comment