Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Resilience

Dreams. 

The first one woke me up at 10:15 pm. I was trying to sleep in a hotel room. Someone yelled with alarm. I began to realize I was being crushed by something like dense memory foam that was rapidly filling the room from ceiling to floor. It was unbelievably swift, heavy and unyielding. Before I could fully grasp what was happening, it was over. 

By morning, I had apparently worked out whatever internal conflict was going on. 

At 4:45 am, I was in a car with friends who were joking about male underwear. My friends were of the imaginary dream variety. A young woman was telling a young man he needed an underwear upgrade. They were comedically arguing about the right time and place to wear certain kinds. I was the old guy delivering the punch line: Fruit of The Looms are always appropriate for any milieu. Some kind of sit com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment