Sunday, February 12, 2023

Big Swiss

Almost accidentally, I found myself standing in front of the new fiction section in Barnes and Noble. It was the rendezvous point for meeting my ex-wife and our children to celebrate a birthday. Getting there was no easy feat with something glitching within my car's electrical system, no means to charge my dying phone, and persistent calls regarding nurses who won't come in for their scheduled shifts. 

There must have been more anxiety than just my own about because things seemed to become increasingly tense as each party arrived. Thankfully, the page came in informing us that our table was ready at the Red Robin a few doors down. As I was leaving, I turned to my left and saw your name on a book jacket right there beside me. Prominent and well-placed on the first set of shelves you encounter as you come in the door. I felt a thrill. That's quite a thing. You did it again. You sure did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment