Monday, February 6, 2023

Focus on the task at hand

When you let your distractible brain run in distracted mode, you might find yourself using gasoline for a task that requires diesel fuel. When you realize your mistake, it's too late, you've committed yourself. So you sleep cold and have to figure out a solution in the morning. Your first reaction to the situation is frustration and rage, but you shut that down because it won't fix anything or get you out of it. There's no one else.  When I was a kid, I had the opportunity to learn from someone who knew how to do everything. Well, except how to teach and to be patient with a stepchild. I never liked the experience of learning from him, so I didn't. I still hate painting and maintenance and mechanical work of any kind because of that association. Until there is nowhere else to go and no choice but to think it through and do the work myself. I spent a lot of time getting there and made some missteps along the way but in the end I figured it out and removed the gasoline from the tank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment