Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Mall

I went to the shopping plaza to purchase Jennifer's latest novel yesterday during my day off. I read the first twenty pages in the store and found the writing just about perfect - clean, polished, with a wonderful natural rhythm and flow. The plaza seemed full of mothers and daughters who looked very much like each other. I noticed this at least ten times. I walked through a furniture store imaging a new living room set until I realized it would take me several years to pay for it. Depressing. A sales person cornered me upon my arrival and offered her assistance. I'm just walking around, I told her. She seemed to accept that. After I'd completed a lap of the store, she approached me again. This sent me directly to the exit. I'd been thinking about buying a better pillow, but the hell with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment