Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Aspects

There is at least a small victory to claim in my world today. I rose between 4:30 and 5:00 A.M. to initiate a necessary but tedious and time consuming task and saw it through to its conclusion eight or nine hours later. This was a victory I sorely needed for myself. One aspect of integrity is doing what you said you'd do. And integrity still matters. 

An Irish girl died today. She wanted to sing the song that broke the world's heart. She used her moment in the spotlight to speak against the abuses of the Catholic Church in Ireland (and the rest of the Catholic world). Another aspect of integrity is speaking truth to power - even when it'll surely ruin your career. Even if it might wreck your very life. That's called having the courage of your convictions. You don't see that every day.

I'm afraid to hear the cause of her death, afraid I already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment