Monday, November 13, 2023

Dust Bunny Ranchero

My home is known, to me at least, as the Dust Bunny Ranch. It's in this condition largely because no one has really lived in it for much of the last seven years. I slept here when I wasn't traveling for work. There wasn't much done in the way of upkeep during that time span. 

Now, I'm working from home. The Dust Bunny Ranch title seems a little less cute these days. When I have energy, I set about trying to remedy the situation. Today, I assembled the chairs for the new dinette set and set my old chairs out at the end of the driveway. Before morning, someone will have likely snagged them. I deep cleaned my bedroom which involved a fist fight with a king mattress that tried to crush me. I realized I've had that mattress for something like 15 years and have never once rotated it. So today I rotated it 180 degrees and flipped it over. So much dust in and on the baseboard heaters. Weird items under the bed. When it was over, I emptied the chock full canister of the vacuum cleaner. Among the colony of bunnies was a significant quantity of fine grey dust. Fragments of who I once was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment