Thursday, November 2, 2023

Movement

I set a timer and went out for a walk/run last evening at around dusk - four minutes walking/one minute running. I stayed out for about an hour and a half. For most of the first three miles, it was hard to move. My range of motion was limited. My legs felt like soft lead and were difficult to lift. My head started trying to justify cutting it short. At some point something shifted. My hips and legs loosened up a little. I did my best to run hard, with long strides, during my minute on. My head opened up and relished the stimulation. My thoughts started to fly. The twilight in the woods was beautiful all around me. My breathing was too ragged and my body not yet fit enough to glide into a blissful moving meditation, but I felt aware and alive and glad to be where I was in the world for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment