Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Slow boat to China

I made it out the door for a short walk at sunrise. Cold (right about freezing), stiff wind, some of the oaks have managed to hold onto browning leaves but all the rest have fallen. It felt great to be out there. How do I forget this so quickly?

When I tried her patience, my Irish grandmother used to threaten to put me on a slow boat to China. I wonder if she understood how good that sounded to me. It was a great place for dreaming.

I tried something new with my running today. Every couple of hours, if there was nothing happening at work, I took a quick break to run a mile. I managed to get 4.3 in today. Ow, my cardiovascular system.I've got less than 11 months to prepare for something that seems impossible at the moment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment