Thursday, November 16, 2023

What the sun did

The sun seems extra generous this morning. There's something in its light that feels uncommon this time of year. Mercy maybe. A certain kindness. Like a busy father spending a few extra moments playing with his delighted children before leaving for work. 

I'm grateful. Trying to just bear witness with equanimity.

Now, it's afternoon. The sun is descending from its zenith and the quality of the light is changing. It feels a little cooler. In my mind's eye, I watch the sun's journey downward to the horizon. I witness its disappearance and the silent darkness flooding in. There are emotions attached to this visualization. And I am attached to the emotions. I have always been missing someone or something.

I know how to write endings. Not so much the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment