Sunday, December 17, 2023

Echo

I was just remembering how there was a period of time when I could feel your thoughts and emotions shifting when we were apart. It was almost like hearing a distant echo. I knew whose voice it was, but couldn't quite make out the words. This sensation would fill me with joy or with terror. I'd either start to fly or I'd plummet from a great height. The core issue of loss was activated. The loss of love. As a result, falling in love knowingly is a sort of suicide pact. And after the inevitable loss, the ending of the relationship, comes grief and a sort of inner devastation. You live in memories not in life. You love in memory in the close and constant proximity of grief. After a while you cannot distinguish between the two and you come to believe grief is the one you love. Because you are in love with grief now, you can't find your way back to actual love. Real love with a real person flows in both directions. This is something you should try to keep in mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment