Thursday, December 28, 2023

Morning report

Listening to the rain this morning and trying to resist the negation. The rivers of New England have been high all year. I wonder where the water will go each time it rains again. Be thankful it's not coming in under the door. We're on the edge of January and it feels like April. I greet the plant who lives with me. Yes, granted, it's not by choice, but it hasn't yet opted for self-murder like the others did. I'm no good with bamboo. I found this one a few Christmases ago sitting in a three inch pot at a CVS pharmacy. We caught each other's eye. I took it home. I gave it the only South facing window in the house - the one that gets the most sun. Eventually, I transplanted it into an eight-inch pot and it took off. It's tall and healthy now. I speak to it often and it seems to improve the quality of the air in that room. I need to walk today or tonight or tomorrow. Feeling a little confined here with my green friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment