Thursday, January 11, 2024

Taste buds

Sleep. A million hours doesn't seem to be enough.
Waking, your mind reaches out and finds only silence.
More of the same -  projection. Bland. Doesn't have to be.
This is the life you are choosing. Right?

Like the strangest of dreams, we were having dinner,
my wife and I, in an Indian restaurant. One of our very young
children was with us. The waitress seemed to be staring at 
me. She was young, early twenties. When she came by to 
check on us, she stood very close to me. She was indeed 
staring at me. My wife didn't seem to notice this. I thought 
I might be losing my mind. When we'd finished eating,
the waitress came over to the table and, looking directly into my eyes 
with a soft voice said, do you want to taste something sweet?

The work day improves with the right amount of engagement. 
Too little and I'm bored, sleepy, ruminating. 
Too much and it's like a war and too much of that makes me hard to be around. 
Today was just about the right tempo, despite a headache or two. 
Today I'd be pretty decent company, I'll bet. 
Something sweet might be nice. 






No comments:

Post a Comment