Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Fasting slowly

I walked this evening but not even half the distance I'd expected to cover. A bitter wind rose up at some point and turned this 25 degree dusk into one that feels more like 12 degrees. My shins din't want to cooperate either. You'd think I'd never walked before. 

I heard Robins in the trees today and saw maybe eight of them. The first of the Spring, and it ain't hardly that. I'm sure there's some grumbling going on in that group. Whose bright idea was it to get an early start and beat the traffic? 

It's Valentine's Day, and so I will wish my daughter and her Valentino a happy one. It's also Ash Wednesday and the first fasting day of Lent. I decided to fast between sunrise and sunset and allow myself an evening meal tonight. This coincides conveniently with the news of my highly elevated triglycerides. Dropping about ten percent of my body weight seems like a good idea. I read a novel I've been trying to finish for about a year in between cases today. It was a very quiet day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment