Sunday, June 23, 2024

Sunday morning on another planet

A black bear came through the backyard yesterday afternoon. The jungle has grown so high out there I hardly noticed him. I took myself out to the local restaurant for dinner and a drink or two. Some of the things I'd looked forward to having again tasted wrong, overpowering, and even repugnant. The people seemed exceptionally loud and obnoxious and the bits of conversation I overheard were vapid. There were keno screens; loud piped-in music; four or five sporting events on different screens; all of them making focus and thought impossible. That's the point. 

It was a sharply-felt generally unpleasant experience all around. 

I'm up early this morning to drive to Ayer for some donuts - a promise I made to myself during the dieta. Ruby's Donuts is on somebody's national list of top 50 donut shops in the country. So here we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment