Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Morning has broken

The moon was bright last night when I arrived home after spending a little time with my kids and watching my son act in a student film. His teacher was there and she told me that he'd made an experimental film she'd show in a film festival if she had one. It was good to see him absorbed in something. To see the spark in him. I fell asleep peacefully. 

In my dreams, I saw people I'd known in the past. Their faces hardened when they recognized me. Not one was glad to see me. I had a feeling that somehow I'd done nothing but harm all of my life. That's not me now, I wanted to say. 

I woke early. The light in my room is dim and the air feels cool. There's peace here. I don't really want to move and just watch the sun ascend slowly. The heat arrives today. It feels like a ceremony by ordeal is about to begin and I have been fasting and purifying myself in preparation for it. 

When this is over, if we are left alive, I'm thinking of celebrating with my kids and Korean fried chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment