Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Miner For A Heart

Waking to imagining the scent of you on the pillow,
Even though I can no longer recall exactly what that was like,
Then imagining your daughter taking her first steps
Running some sort of clock in my head without information
Like one might do while trapped in a mine a mile below the earth

The other day, I saw a woman with a face close to what I
Remember yours looking like, she had the unsmiling look
Of striving like you often did back when I used to try to
Send you peace of mind.

It's October now, and the first night below freezing has passed
I am still above water, if you want to know, wondering how this
Can still be so one-sided after all this time

Do you ever think this way?
Knowing might be like pumped in oxygen

Arriving way down here

No comments:

Post a Comment