Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Pub

Waiting for traffic to subside in a bar full of Irish transplants featuring over priced food and charming accents. Outside a downpour ensues - thunder, lightning and bright sunshine. Rumor of  waterspout in the Cape Cod canal a few miles south. I have a nagging cough. GERD related. Denial isn't making it go away. Annie Lennox is singing her sweet dreams sexily, androgynously.

The after work crowd is moving in. It's getting noisier by degrees, and my tension follows suit. Beto is talking his ass off in Texas, and I'm wishing him the best, kind of helplessly, cheering listlessly from the couch. I'm thinking about putting my fist in the eye of the shithead who speaks for those tiki torch frat boys who call themselves proud. He says he wants more violence.

The world is precarious, always, and now we get a little taste. So with that I return to what's right in front of my face.

Push off the GERD thoughts
Finish your beer
Take your place in line on the turnpike
Go back to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment