Friday, October 5, 2018

Mourning This Morning

Grief is internal, and I'd say it lasts as long as it must.
Mourning is external, a public step forward from a place of grief.
It's an act, like throwing away the sheets you bought for my bed
Last slept in by you almost two and a half years ago now, I didn't
Mark the date, but I did maintain a physical relationship with
A trace of your blood for all this time. Today, I picked a long black
Strand of your hair off the mattress while remaking the bed.
I always thought this one is the last one, but this time I believe it is.
Bought myself an air purifier and a dehumidifier from your friends at Amazon.
They are both running now, changing the air in here. I have sage,
Sweetgrass and cedar which I am saving for the next time I feel ready
To take a step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment