Sunday, January 26, 2020

Observations upon returning

1.
Mailbox jammed with 29 days worth of junk mail, two Christmas cards, and a handfull of bills. Two long unwatered plants looking pekid but alive, I don't expect they'll have much to say to me for a while. Fell asleep in my own bed with pillows inferior to those at the Marriot. There's snow on the ground, but it's not very cold, and there's still some heating oil left in the tank. This place needs cleaning, repair and interior design help. I feel different from when I last lived here, maybe better. Let's try to hang onto that, eh? I'm going to see my son now.

2.
Snapshot in my head of a young man on yesterday's airplane wearing a Trump hat. Probably I looked at him too long. He looked back at me with what seemed like proud defiance, as though he believed he stood for something. I wish I could understand what that something is.

3.
Spent the day with my youngest boy who seems to have matured in some subtle way in the past month. We watched Jo Jo Rabbit together and, when it was over, he asked me if I cried. I told him studies show that people who cry in movies are more intelligent. He said he tries not to but he can feel it. I was happy at him.

No comments:

Post a Comment