Thursday, March 26, 2020

Developing

1.

It's nice to wake with the sun. It was nice to wake with you when you were the sun.

The Catholic priest helping East Los Angeles gang members rehabilitate from that life sent a video message from quarantine. A homie said to him, "love is stronger than this virus," and the priest wanted to pass it on. Love never fails, the scripture says, even when everything else falls away. 

Drinking coffee I made with the French press after grinding the beans in an electric grinder. I did  these things carelessly, without precision or conscious thought. I don't know if I'm drinking good, well made coffee or just expediting caffeine into my system.

Anyway, for now, I'm benched. Furloughed. I'm going to take a walk and think about what next means.

2.

My morning walk revealed a cloudless blue sky and a slow climbing sun gaining in strength.

The activity of grey and red squirrels is more energetic now and that heartens me.

Eight robins stand motionless, watching me, across the breadth of a brown open field. They're ceremoniously arranged in a staggered column - chests out, beaks upturned slightly - in postures of vigorous nobility.

They transmit to me my marching orders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment