Friday, March 20, 2020

Walk

1.

A quick walk in a light rain. It's humid today. Supposed to get to 70 degrees even though there was snow on the ground yesterday.

Change and change again.

There's more activity among the birds now. I heard recognizable sounds like the sharp, clipped chip of cardinals and the softer, frolicsome chickadees darting in a group among the briars. A woodpecker calls loudly, what type exactly I'm not sure. There's someone else. Its simple tune is unfamiliar and  beautifully rendered. He's calling for a mate, and with a singing voice like that, she'll be along soon.

Nature continues, alive and unafraid.

2.

I was remembering something you told me about a trip to San Francisco with your husband. You made certain your hotel was within walking distance of premium espresso. I like the thought of you there in the morning, sunlight behind fog, newly wed and in love, feeling luxury was at your disposal.

Don't you want that for me? 

You asked me that a couple of years later.

Yeah...I do, only I'm not in that picture.






No comments:

Post a Comment