Sunday, September 20, 2020

Getting ready for hibernation

In bed for too many hours trying to shake off a tired feeling that's like a weighted fog pressing down on me. Yesterday, I walked in the sun for a couple of hours with my remote learning youngest son. I had other plans after, but ditched them in order to take a nap at about 6 pm. On my way home to do that, I saw eight turkeys and a black bear walking down the road in broad daylight. 

I smell heated dust this morning. The oil heat came on for the first time last night. I think the thermostat is set at 40 or 45 degrees. Yesterday we watched them picking up butternut squash trying to stay ahead of the frost. Winter's around the corner. Facing that here takes a certain amount of strength I have yet to muster.

Blue jays replace the hummingbirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment