Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Sorry ass

I didn't swear an oath this morning and as a result some time was spent in procrastination. Maybe more than some. But I did get out of bed and stayed that way. Went out for breakfast and saw way too many Trump flags on the drive home. That filthy rotten symbol of everything that sucks is debating a plain vanilla nowhere man tonight over the fate of the nation. Yeah, I'll vote vanilla, but the times call for something stronger. And I don't mean the weak and poisonous prick who's in there now. I scrubbed out the birdbath and refilled it with clean water today. Lots of thirsty birds and squirrels appreciated the effort. I stood for awhile among the feeding chickadees trying to put them at ease with my presence. Not yet. Not entirely. Scrubbed and put away the hummingbird feeders for the Winter and wondered if they'd return again in May, if I'll be here then, and if there will even be a here or a then. I paid the phone and the internet bills and took out the trash. I participated in some conference calls, made coffee, went out for a jug off wine, wrote the minutes to a meeting and made a plan to get up early tomorrow to do the rest of the work I had planned to do today. This time I'll swear that oath when I wake up. I swear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment