Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Working from home today

A dream interrupted. Five-thirty AM arrived, the alarm went off, and I was warm and dreaming. Outside it was cold and dark. Later, I thought, and reset it for six. 

There is something chaste and suffocating to keeping a room clean. Routine is confining. I'm trying to work through that though. Time to step on the scale and take a walk. It was too cloudy to see my son's Christmas Star last night.

- - - - - - - 

But at 5:15 PM I took another walk and could see my shadow under the light of the half moon. The Christmas Star was visible too. The two planets no longer appeared to be aligned but beside each other.  I think I saw Mars as well. Reddish and to the left of the moon. The night is bright and cloudless with a bracing cold breeze. An owl called from the darkened pines down lower in the valley. It all felt still and sacred like the middle of the night and it was only 5:15. 

No comments:

Post a Comment