Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Oregonian

We went in without a plan. At least no plan the others let me in on. It was a police station filled with the corrupt cops who had previously tortured and humiliated us. Now, we looked like some sort of uniformed paramilitary law enforcement ourselves and we weren't about to let that slide. 

A slow motion Hollywood gunfight ensued. One of them threatened to blow my head off. His eyes were big, he stood in a crouch, and his hand was already at his hip. That cued me up for one of the coolest lines in the scene. "I'll shoot you twice before you get the chance." He drew his pistol, and I did shoot him twice, as promised, with my lever action carbine. Someone shot me in the neck though. And as I crashed to the floor, trying to hold in my essence with the palm of my hand, I felt slighted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment