Sunday, January 31, 2021

Watering hole

They gave me two strong and sweet Mai-Tais in an IV bag. I thought that was a nice touch. I shared a laugh with a couple of alcoholic trumpsters (ok, probable trumpsters) about it. When I looked at their faces, I saw ugly bleeding through. Immediately I didn't care about peacemaking or unifying the country. You know, I was thinking today that I've fairly frequently talked about community as though it were a good thing. Something desirable. I've sometimes felt a certain envy for people who seemed to have a strong sense of it. But when it's really came down to it, I've usually passed on the opportunity to be part of any. Sometimes you have to get together with people to make something happen, to achieve a goal. After that though, I'll take my leave. Just let me be, here on the outskirts of town, to finish off this strong and sweet transfusion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment