Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Elephants

Morning arrived quickly after a solid seven hours of sleep. I woke up one minute before the alarm and about 30 minutes before dawn. 

The elephant in the room with me is a half a million dead people in the country. Many of them would still be breathing if not for the misinformation campaign waged against them. I read a headline about a California variant before going to bed last night. The headline titillated by promising this one is even more virulent, more deadly and more vaccine resistant. Bigger, stronger, faster. Part of me has been vaccinated against media hype. Part of me has stopped taking in new mis/information. Part of me fell asleep thinking this thing really is intent on killing us all.

The poet, Ferlinghetti, died yesterday at 101. Receptive for all those years.

No comments:

Post a Comment