Monday, February 22, 2021

When the ox steps on your foot

That Chinese horoscope, the one that told me about the year to come, tried to warn me. Don't travel because you'll probably have an accident. Straight forward, no metaphors. Just like that. So I took a hike down a new section of trail and busted my ass on some hidden ice. Now I've got this clicky elbow. The horoscope also warned that things were about to get expensive. My car's in the shop with a working subtotal of $900 in repairs. I got the rented pick-up with the useless rear-wheel-drive stuck sideways in my icy driveway. Then I burst into my house cursing and noticed an unpleasant odor the source of which I could not at first identify. It's the bathrooms - both of them. The septic system is apparently backing up. Fate you might call it. Well, only a little more than ten months to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment