Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Water weight

The pack contains bladders filled with water. I shoulder it, strap it across my belly and chest, and walk up the trail. This time I drive to where the trail intersects a road and park my car. For over a year now I've been walking the same few miles of this trail. It's time to see the rest of it. Today's march took me through a portion of the state park and past quite a few more people than I normally see. They seem suspicious or alarmed when they notice me on the trail. I greet them and keep walking. I want them to feel alright about walking out here and not worried or afraid. Straining under the shoulder straps feels kind of good, until it doesn't. Funny how the weather in your head changes as the discomfort increases. Anyway, it was a beautiful late afternoon. I was lucky to be out there in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment