Monday, May 31, 2021

Forgot that too

Oh yeah! There was this idea - I must have lost track of it somewhere  - of going on a pilgrimage. I was out there on the trail preparing for it; communing with nature, carrying a pack on my back, and starting to feel pretty good there for awhile. I guess I got sidetracked by something like I so often do and let it slip. We could call it attention deficit and take the blame out of the game. Or we could point fingers and call it boredom, laziness and a lack of self-discipline and slap me around with that a little. Whatever it was though, I got out there this evening when the sun decided to emerge after three days of cold rain. The angle of the light coming across through the trees was one I hadn't seen before. Everything had greened and grown and the trail had narrowed and the brooks all ran high. I was a little fatter and had to work harder to get up the hills than I did the last time I came through.

No comments:

Post a Comment