Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Message from beyond

The most colorful dreams seem to occur after hitting snooze. A few minutes ago the female singer of a Cambodian band, heavy on the reverb, sang me a song in which a mother sarcastically scolded an adult child in Khmer. Suffering is free, was the basic English translation. 

I suppose this was in reference to my aching neck which at this point has gone forward with the filing of a formal grievance against me for neglecting its well-being and fostering a hostile work environment. My pillows are flat and have been for years now. I've done some research. I've even put a few in my Amazon shopping cart, but I've been trying to avoid spending the money. 

An early morning performance from a Khmer rock band posing as a nagging mother was all it took. I'm ordering two types of new pillow this morning.

And no, neither one of them is made by that that seditionist kook with the Just For Men hair coloring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment