Saturday, June 26, 2021

Spell

I was overcome by the sinking iron head exhaustion again this afternoon. Just getting up from a two or thee hour nap at 6 PM. My head is still trying to pull me down. I think I'll go try to work for a few hours.

Later. 

I went out to work for a while and realized again how sad people make me. 

Tonight there was a little road rage incident. The angry fellow was behind me in an oversized pickup truck as I slowed to stop at a red light. He hit his high beams and swung his wheel left and right menacingly. What a big scary beast! 

He ended up pulling up beside me at the red light. A backwards baseball cap type guy - young, early twenties. The truck is too big for him.

I ask him what the problem is. 

He tells me I could have beat the light if I hurried. 

"I'm a cop," I tell him.

"I'm not fucking scared," he replies. 

"That's good."

The next thing I know he's looking down at me from the cab of his oversized pickup with a wad of large bills in his hands. He's spreading them out for me, making sure I can see them all. He's got an uncertain smile on his face. His eyes are vacant. 

"You got money!"

"I got more than enough money to buy that piece of shit you're driving"

"Gimme ten bucks for it."

"You're no cop. They make more than you do."

I felt badly after. The kid looked like such an innocent and empty vessel.



No comments:

Post a Comment