Sunday, June 27, 2021

Walk on by

It was a hot one and I managed to get done some of the things I set out to do. One thing I did not set out to do, however, was to go to that Brazilian place for lupper and eat a mountain of sirloin, spicy pork sausage and lamb along with a few side dishes, a caipirinha and a beer. But I took the liberty of doing it anyway.

That came after an hour's walk on a hot day under my pack through well kept residential neighborhoods reminiscent of my early childhood. Modest houses built close together transformed into proud homes with gardens, flagstone walks and trimmed hedges by working people who made good on the dream. 

People watering and pruning things did double-takes when they noticed me, an alien, hiking through. I waved without looking. Just pretend your invisible.

When I walk, I feel myself in relation to other things and to other people. When I'm walking, the words start to trickle and sometimes flow. My music. If I ever pray, I do it this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment