Thursday, July 29, 2021

Oriented

It's great to no longer be caught in inertia's sticky web. The heavy strands dragged me down through the mattress and made it seem impossible to stand. A thick fog settled down over me and pressed me flat. I lived that way for the better part of five years.

Let's not think of it as wasted life. Let's think of it as a coma. A state in which all activity had to cease in order for the soul to heal. In my coma, I dreamed of the past believing I still lived there and might yet again.

As I began to stir, the healer spoke. That time has passed. Matter of factly, firmly, gently. It was not the first time I'd heard those words, but this time I accepted them as true. 

And when I had awoken fully I saw that I'd grown older.

Right now, I'd like to be sleeping. It's almost 1 A.M. and my alarm is set for 3:15. I've got to go to a factory this morning  in which someone died during the course of his or her daily work. My job will be to remain awake and to support those who remain alive. 

I am thinking forward this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment