Saturday, April 9, 2022

Affirmative

Hey, so listen to this. I know it's not much to you, but it's something to me so bear with me. I got up out of my bed of my own free will today in the morning. Then I went out and got myself a haircut. And then a smoothie at Panera because I was a little too late for breakfast. But I was happy to talk with the woman working at the counter who was Brazilian, smiling, and dark eyed. I noticed most of the people working or waiting around me were South Asian or South American and I felt at ease. It made me realize again that I work in what might be the epicenter of the whitest place in the world. I drove through weird intermittent rain and sun showers to the Super Walmart where I purchased cleanser, scrubbing sponges, and a few other cleaning products. When I got home, I tackled the long neglected bathroom and scrubbed the gross out of the tub, the sink and the toilet. I took a walk too. I found myself teetering on the brink of the funk that I've been in lately, but so far I've managed to steer clear. So, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment