Saturday, June 18, 2022

Regular stuff

Saturday oil change because it seems to do the trick when my car stalls out making sharp turns which it started to do again yesterday. It makes a certain dry knocking sound. A straining sound. Oil, it whispers to me, old and creaky and parched. Then it's a haircut for the youngest and his wild mane. And then a few hours at work to cover a gap because we're short handed in this inflated economy at nearly full employment. It's one of those jobs people used to interview for and, during the interview, you'd ask them why they want this job and they'd always say because I want to help people. It's been many years since I heard a candidate say that in an interview. I bought a locally sourced strawberry rhubarb pie last night, ate a quarter of it, and went to bed at 8 pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment