Thursday, August 11, 2022

2:06 A.M.

A lot has happened since I saw you last. It's freaking hot for one thing. The world is drying up, burning down, and tipping over under the weight of newly risen viruses and far too many angry, crazy, greedy people. We might be too dumb and too small to save it after all. We might not even want to. They say there's been some good TV, though I haven't seen much of it. I'm older. Grayer. My body's changing at a faster rate. Just like the Earth. I can't relate to today's pop music at all. They're taking pictures of things I cannot comprehend out there in deep, deep, deep space. My kids have grown into adults. I've settled into being alone and can't imagine it otherwise. I was just now remembering walking around the block with you and your dogs and it seemed like a fairy tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment