Thursday, August 11, 2022

8:04 P.M. and mildly annoyed

I was just thinking about this feeling of revulsion I get lately in my guts when I hear people talking about gratitude. Did you write in your gratitude journal today? 

I'm a cranky old bastard. 

Mindful. Yeah, that's another one. Manifesting is one more. And these aren't the only ones.

But you know what? You do you (that's one I loathe too). 

And here's the funny thing about the concepts represented by these words that cause me such dyspepsia, I'm basically on board with them. They're generally good things. I encourage them.

It's the words leaving the mouths of others and their impact on my eardrum, I think. It's the way we operate. It's our lack of depth. Or maybe just mine. Who gets this annoyed over words anyway?

I mean, who does that?

No comments:

Post a Comment