Monday, September 26, 2022

All that he surveys

Brighton, Beacon Hill, Brookline...I'm walking again. The Franciscans abandoned, or were driven out of, their fortress and it's been converted to or torn down to make way for luxury condos. The former cathedral is the showroom and sales office for the development. Young wealthy people are living there now. They walk dogs alone talking uninhibitedly on invisible phones airing their grievances. They wheel their trash out to the curb. What do they do that earns such money? Five wild turkeys walk in single file along the sidewalk at dusk. I give way to them and nod. There are way too many Audis in Beacon Hill. Have you ever noticed when someone makes what could be called a "dick move" in congested rush hour traffic, that person is frequently driving an Audi? I have. I've made a study of it. I eat Spanish tapas for dinner. Tonight feels pretty good to me. As it gets dark, I look for an unattended garage to sleep in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment