Sunday, December 25, 2022

Milepost

A Christmas Chinese lunch with the kids - they who are no longer children. It feels good to slow down and to be conscious of their presence, here, together. After, we went to the house and watched It's A Wonderful Life together. Can you believe that movie was made nearly 80 years ago? My God. James Stewart had this screechy voice that I don't remember from the last time I watched it, however long ago that was. Is it true to say that I was someone else then? 

I met a man today, an ordinary man suffering ordinary problems, and I shook his hand. Eighteen years ago, I wanted to murder him. Today, I felt nothing more than a human hand grasping mine. No hatred. No sense of being wronged. Is it true to say that I am someone else now?

It's the season of children's dreams, of winter ghosts and mileposts nearly drifted over with snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment