Friday, September 22, 2023

Friday

A cool morning sleep in. Time now for a run and to take care of business.

It took a while to get out there, and at the half-way point my right lower leg had tightened up and did not appear to want to release. I thought I could probably run through it, but why? Just walk. Be nice to the damn thing. You need it. And so that's what I did, until it got a little looser and then I ran again. No need for crushing it. Just keep going. And the sun reflected up off the water which I was admiring through the color changing leaves with great appreciation. 

Not long ago, a week or two, I had the experience of falling in love with all the people (and dogs) I encountered on this rail trail. I said hello to all of them. About half did not return the greeting. I could see them suffering, withdrawn, trapped inside, and I felt for them. I touched my heart as if to send healing or love or both. In that moment, it was all true. 

I've fallen somewhat back into my old headspace in which less kind thoughts come to mind when I see someone else coming down the trail. But I'm aware of them - the people and the thoughts. I wave to them both. 

When I got home, I sat in the car and watched the bees working hard among the tangled grass and fading goldenrod living out the last of their purpose seemingly free of anxiety content to do as they must. 

No comments:

Post a Comment