Saturday, September 23, 2023

Adult education

The depths have been stirred. There's work going on in my dreams. Connections are being made providing me with actionable intelligence. Now, I've got to act on it. This feeling of significance between days and what I'm being presented with after so much dead time.

Running (and walking) this morning with a tight right lower leg, I paid attention to how my mind works. The thoughts that go through, the comparisons, judgments, colorations. I see a red door and I want to paint it black. 

Envy, they tell me, is my deadly sin. 

At the end of the trail, I said hello to another runner finishing his run. In the car, Bruce Springsteen (who turns 74 today) was telling me about a darkness on the edge of town. 

I know it, Bruce. 

Well everybody's got a secret, son
Something that they just can't face
Some folks spend their whole lives trying to keep it
They carry it with them every step that they take

Til some day they just cut it loose
Cut it loose or let it drag 'em down
Where no one asks any questions 
Or looks too long in your face
In the darkness on the edge of town
In the darkness on the edge of town

No comments:

Post a Comment