Monday, November 6, 2023

Every day is a story

8:55 PM. I made a grand plan for today last night which would require discipline and rigor. Trying to activate my inner Jesuit. I planned so well that it kept me up all night and, later, made it seem unwise to get up at the agreed upon pre-dawn hour. Nevertheless, the plan was put into effect a few hours behind schedule. I managed to avoid the usual time sucks and vibration-lowering activities and stuck to my work. That is until, in a fit of cleaning, I broke the leg off my street-salvaged multi purpose dining room table/kitchen table/home office desk/ironing board/storage closet. This gave me the reason I needed to chuck it. I took the legs off and threw the round table out the back door into the yard. I then spent a couple of hours on Wayfair and located a replacement dinette that didn't break the bank. I'll be cursing while assembling it two or three days from now. I also managed a flu shot and to get tested for tuberculosis. My work day was pretty light. I cleaned the toilet and got deep satisfaction from using Lime Away to wear down  the hard water stains. I didn't run, or ruck, or walk like I was supposed to but I managed to do most everything else I'd planned. Three people need various references from me and this becomes slightly complicated when you don't have a working printer. I went to Staples but only managed to resolve about one third of the issue. On the way home, I went out for a burger and a few beers in a place I've dropped into at different stages of my life. Watched the people who were there on dates. I did not envy them. Driving home, I saw this swirl of warm multi-colored liquid paint in my mind's eye. That's those feelings working on you. Better get to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment